Monday, January 28, 2008

Domo

I knit all the panels up on my roboto sweater.
100_4923.JPG
The colors are really a pumpkin and a chocolate brown, not a brown and gray. Damn winter light!

Now I'm sewing her up, and I think this sweater will fit fantastically. It's a modified drop shoulder, so it has a casual fit but isn't frumpy or boxy. I didn't allow lots of ease. With the Handy book of sweaters I was able to get my nemesis, the underarm hole size, just right.
(Pardon the wrinkles and pin lumps, my sleeve isn't sewn in in that badly)

Roboto really gives me more confidence to try my own sweater designs. If you screw up, you only lose a night or 3 of work, not weeks. In this caseI really like my colorblock 'yoke', but really had no idea how it would look. It was a solution for not enough of the pumpkin yarn fro the whole sweater, and I think it was the right choice. The collar will be brown, and perhaps the sleeve cuffs. I have enough pumpkin to do the bottom rib. I really don't need a wide contrasting stripe on my hip, thanksverymuch.

For the next sweater experiment, I do think a simple cable on a knitting machine is doable and worthwhile. I would really love a saddle shoulder sweater with a cable that goes from sleeve cuff and runs along the top of the shoulder to the collar. I'm going to do some swatches so I can get it right.

In the meantime, I'm going to crank out a baby blanket for friend.


Sidebar projects
I'm thinking of getting rid of the list/progress bars on the side of my blog. It's so much easier to keep track of those things in Ravelry. I'll still post pictures and talk about projects here of course, but I just won't have to keep editing the dang template in blogger (which I dislike doing).
Unless any of you care strongly about it.

4 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I never really care how far along anyone is on something at any time unless that's specifically what they're posting about, so delete away.

Cool Domo sweater, I can't wait to see it modeled.

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man everytime you talk about roboto, i always get that song in my head and it won't leave!
hahaha

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger AR said...

Yeah, I have the ear worm now, too. lol It's looking great. Can't wait to see it on.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Batty said...

Thanks for the ear worm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home