Thursday, February 14, 2008

Close to the end

I'm wrapping up 2 gift projects- I just have just another couple hours or so and I can put both of them to bed. I'll share them with you after they have been gifted. This means I'm free from making gifts until Mother's day, and let me tell you after Christmas, I'm gifted out. Not that I don't like making things for the worthy recipients, but I'm chomping on the bit to get back to my queue.

I'm excited to get back to Lenny and finish the rest of my Black Bunny Club Roving. I'm madly in love with my first bobbin of yarn, so I really want to start knitting with it.

100_4972.JPG

Rarely when I spin do I know what a pile of roving is going to be. Usually it's just 'yarn', and the results go into my stash. I really am a happier spinner if I can spin for a project.

In this case, I automatically knew this special merino blend was going to be thick and thin. I was wandering around the house hugging the roving, so didn't want to twist it too much and ruin the softness.

100_4921.JPG

I also had a generous amount of roving, so right away a project I've had on the back burner came to mind, the So Called Scarf. It takes 2 hanks of Manos, so it fit the bill perfectly. I'm just dying to cast on and see how it looks.

I also have thoughts on starting a new lace and a new crochet project. I have a special function coming in April and wedding in May, and a couple new shawls would be nice. I'm mulling my choices over.

I also bought some sock yarn. It's been a long time. Flat Feet Sock by Conjoined Creations. It's a rectangle 'blank' of knitting that has been dyed. Then you unravel it and knit a sock. Crazy, I had to try it.

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ok, that flat feet concept is pretty darn cool!!!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Oh, that'll be a perfect So-Called Scarf! I just know it will be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home