Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Helping the economy

I have to say since my visit to webs last year, I have been displaying quite a bit restraint with the stash. I decided sock yarn indeed did count if it takes up 2 baskets in your stash. My Ravelry inventory has been stable if not slowly decreasing.

However, I can't always resist a good hook:
100_5011.JPG
This is sock yarn, by Conjoined creations called Flat Feet. It's knitted by machine into a rectangle of fabric. It's then dyed. You knit right from the square.
(Roboto and I may try this someday).

I can't always resist a sale either.
100_5013.JPG
Or Anne. Or orange Anne. I got this from a destash on Ravelry for cheap.

I also traded my Baby Cashmerino for the much sought after Wollmeise sock yarn.
100_5012.JPG
I had decided I was done stalking/hoarding the next 'big' sock yarn. It was getting a little consumerist to me. But since the trade was right and the color is fantastic, I decided to try it out.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

I'm insanely curious about the Flat Feet yarn - MBT had it on her blog a while back. I definitely want to track some down at some point.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Beautiful yarn! And I'm intrigued by the concept of Flat Feet... knitting straight from the square, huh? No ball rolling problems, and no need to wind hundreds of yards into a more knittable format.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home