Monday, February 25, 2008

No spuds here

I have been timid to announce this, but I've started the couch potato to 5k challenge. For those of you that don't like to read links, it's a gradual 8 week running program. At the end, it means I will be able to run from my house to Rosie's. That's crazy. I don't think I could run to the coffeehouse 3 blocks away right now, and frankly I don't think I could have as a kid. I was never a runner. I like this program because it has a specific goal and a plan. It also has a finite end if I decide I hate running.


So every 2 weeks I decided I will give myself a carrot. I can buy a skien (or bump of fiber) of whatever I want. Guilt free. The sock yarn and fiber diet can be broken.
(Let's pretend I didn't break it last week, umkay?)


Today was day one. It was work, but not horrible work. I feel good. I really enjoyed using this podcast that helps you during your runs. Instead of keeping track of your intervals yourself, you can space out, listen to some light techno and let Robert tell you what to do. Thanks Robert, I feel like I have my own running coach now!!

4 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Hee hee. When I read you were going to give yourself a carrot, I thought you meant literally. But now that that's cleared up in my head--you can totally do this!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Trillian42 said...

Yay! I started a Couch to 5K last year, but I bailed on it (because I'm laaaaaame).

Good for you, though, for starting it! Maybe you'll inspire me to start again!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Mariss said...

Good for you, Sherry. I'm thinking about trying that program someday too. Perhaps in the spring on Kelly Drive...

Let me know how your progress goes! I have ran a little in the past, but 3 miles is my limit. I always think of running as an impossible feat, like learning Spanish or knitting. However, I did learn to knit ;) and I am studying my Spanish again...

See you soon! xo

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Bravo to you for taking this on! Oh and last week, nobody saw nothing :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home