Monday, April 07, 2008

That was one long day

Sorry to leave you with the politico so long. I kept meaning to update the blog, and I kept getting busy. Work is busy, home is busy, and then of course I get the creeping flu everyone else has had. I couldn't even knit for three days, people. All I wanted to do was watch reruns of Iron Chef and drink tea and whiskey.


Before the crud hit, I did finish these socks, finally.

100_5068.JPG

Poor Tofutsies socks that had just been lingering. I hated working with the yarn at first, but actually I have learned to cope with the splitting. I think this will be a very nice summer sock yarn. Flint may even get a pair made from it sometime.

I finished one of my Black Bunny Fibers 'Brain Freeze' socks and cast on for #2. I usually do twoa t a time, but I had to rip and fiddle with my needle size a few times, and had no desire to rip back two socks.

Spinning

I've been teaching a Spinning class of 9 college students at the university. It's a free enrichment class they can take, taught by volunteers. It's going well, but oddly enough, about 1/2 of my students don't crochet, knit or weave! I guess they are just going to pet the yarn when they are done!!

2 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice socks!

They don't do anything with the yarn when they're done? That's like cooking a gourmet meal and then not eating it. I guess they call those people chefs huh?

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Sorry you had a crummy day, but that's a pretty sock right there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home