I hardly ran into ANYONE I was hoping to see.I went to the Ravelry meetup, just after the buttons ran out. I fully suspect people where actually hiding from me. I guess everyone went early and took off. I saw ArtsyGal, but she didn't even recognize me from the Philly Meetup. *sniff sniff*
Anyway, I was exceptionally controlled this year.
* A large roving by Dudleyspinner that may have every color under the sun in it
* 2 skeins of Colinette Banyan cotton
* A Bosworth featherweight canary wood spindle
* A shiny Loop spinning batt with sequins (!)
* A skein of Paca-peds sock yarn that has contrasting heel-toe yarn included
* A skein of Fleece Artist merino sock yarn
But you see, the 'was good' entered that past tense while I was still at the festival.
This is the Meriln Tree Hitchhiker, a spinning wheel that weighs 9 pounds and is bicycle portable. I blame Queerjoe for suggesting to me on Ravelry that my spinning would speed up if I perhaps was not restrained by one wheel. With that evil seed planted, I figured if I could take my wheel to various knitting circles or even used it on my lunch break, my productivity would go up dramatically.
Oh well, time to start saving coins again for next May!
In the meantime, check out Mindy's slideshow.